FlippAR Srirangam Postcards in augmented reality (Set of 10)
Srirangam is a cultural centre of great significance in Tamil Nadu. It is the home of the Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple, the largest functioning Hindu temple in the world, and an abiding link to the rich and resilient spirituality of this region.
Point of Interests:
The Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple-Srirangam is famous because of the sheer size of Sri Ranganathaswamy temple. This grand temple complex is spread over 156 acres or 0.63 sq km. It is built in Dravidian style, following the agama design texts of Tamil tradition.
Rajamahendran Thiruiveedhi- The first enclosure or prakaram, known as Rajamahendran Thiruiveedhi, has the Nazhikettan Vasal. This is the entrance through which devotees enter the area of the garba griha or sanctum. sanctorum.
Sanctum for Bibi Nachiyar- Another interesting spot in Srirangam’s first enclosure is the sanctum for Bibi Nachiyar. It does not contain an idol but the north wall of the shrine has a painting of Bibi Nachiyar or Thuluka Nachiyar.
Cherakulavalli Sanctum- The shrine for Cherakulavalli, one of the consorts of Lord Ranganatha, is situated in the north western part of the first prakaram. This shrine contains just an utsava-murti or processional deity with a lotus flower in each hand.
- Kulasekharan prakaram-It has Aryabhattal gateways, the Unjal mandapam, and the Pavitra mandapam. The beautiful Unjal or swing mandapam, with intricate and aesthetic architecture, has eight rows of eight pillars each.
- Beautiful hand drawn illustrations
- Amazing stories of Srirangam
- Dual purpose interactive postcards both a medium of communication and knowledge
- Makes for very memorable gifts & souvenirs